| ||The FAA is responsible for the safety of civil aviation by:
Also involved in Safety Regulation, Airspace and Air Traffic Management, Air Navigation Facilities and much more.
- Regulating civil aviation to promote safety
- Encouraging and developing civil aeronautics, including new aviation technology
- Developing and operating a system of air traffic control and navigation for both civil and military aircraft
- Researching and developing the National Airspace System and civil aeronautics
- Developing and carrying out programs to control aircraft noise and other environmental effects of civil aviation
- Regulating U.S. commercial space transportation